Monday, April 21, 2014

Baby Girl First Birthday Party

It's crazy to think how fast this day came. Looking back over the last year I have realized how much she has changed our lives. She is our everything, we don't do anything anymore without thinking about her first. She is absolutely amazing.

Babies in general are amazing. They have the ability to make your heart love a way you have never loved. The simplest things can bring you to your knees. There is just something about their smiles that can turn a bad day around in an instant.

First Birthday's are tough. There is so much to think about, I mean they only turn 1 once...that's a big deal.

I wanted to just go with the theme of her bedroom. I'm not really sure what you would call it, maybe shabby chic. We also had a lot of decor left over from the wedding so we re-purposed a lot of it.





We made a "First Year" book on shutterfly. It has a lot of our favorite pictures, the big events like Christmas and quite a few pictures no one but us has seen. We had the guests leave a little message for her.



































My wonderful husband made these boxes out of barn wood, from a very old barn on his parent's property, for our wedding. I still use them as centerpieces, and a lot of my family took some to use as decorations in their homes.



He also made this little frame out of our table runners, I'm pretty sure it's the same wood as the boxes. We used this frame to display her monthly pictures we took. 


I wanted to do a chalkboard, but I didn't want to do it exactly the same way everyone else has been doing it. I just wrote her name at the top, and below wrote about her. Things she likes to do, what she loves, how many teeth, etc.


Of course I had to make her some tissue poms. I think they really jazz up the party and are a great way to fill some white space. If you feel like your table is just not full enough, add some tissue poms.


































Lots of candy!




It was such a special day, I will remember it for a lifetime.


0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...