Monday, June 8, 2015

How To Heal Cracked and Sore Nipples {from breastfeeding}

HEAL SORE/CRACKED NIPPLES IN DAYS rather than weeks.

If any of you have read my posts about breastfeeding Whitney, part 1 and part 2 you know that I struggled with breastfeeding her. It was terribly hard, to the point where I questioned myself daily if I could keep going. This time around everyone was encouraging me, telling me that the soreness wouldn't last near as long and that I wouldn't have near as much trouble as I did last time. With all the encouragement I was still a little doubtful and scared...depressing I know. It led me to do a little research on healing tender, sore, cracked and scabbed nipples with essential oils.

I am not kidding, this stuff is AMAZING. I didn't have to use any lanolin or nipple cream (even though I stocked up on it). After a feeding I would just rub it on my nipples let it dry for all of about 30 seconds and then go about my business. It literally took about 3-4 days to completely heal. Obviously a lot of that depends on the latch and if everything else is going well.

I am a firm believer that in order to heal your nipples they need to have time to dry out. I think one of my biggest problems last time was that I would slather myself in lanolin, put a nursing pad in my bra or tank and just endure the deep burn of my nipples. Which makes no sense to me now. When wounds are healing, they heal so much faster if they are dry.

This little nipple healer is all-natural and safe for baby. It soaks in to your skin within minutes so you don't need to rub it off before each feeding (just make sure it's dry).

When using essential oils purity matters. I know everyone says this and there are so many conflicting things but it is very important to know where your oil came from and the purity of it. You don't want to be rubbing an oil on your nipple that could have residue of pesticides or other fillers. Purity also helps to get that therapeutic benefit.

I used a glass roller-bottle that I bought on amazon to house my nipple magic.




What you need:
10 ml Glass RollerBottle
doTERRA Lavender essential oil
doTERRA Helichrysum essential oil
Fractionated Coconut Oil

All it is, is 15 drops of helichrysum, 15 drops of lavender and I filled the rest up with fractionated coconut oil.
PURE MAGIC!

If any of you ladies out there are struggling with sore nipples I really hope you give it a try. I was completely amazed and I saved myself weeks of nipple pain.



1 comments

  1. Do you have to wash the nipple before the next feeding.
    I try and my baby don't like the taste of the nipple 2hours after I put the rub on it.
    Is it normal?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...