Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Baby Must Haves {7-8 months}


1. Calendula Cream: This stuff is AMAZING. It's a little expensive, but well worth the money. It's a serious miracle worker. Baby Whit got eczema once the weather turned and while it didn't seem to bother her too much, it looked pretty bad. This stuff cleared it up in no time. We also found that Shea Moisture Eczema soap works wonders.

2. Green Toys Stacking Cups: These are so fun. They stack two different way and they also make great bath toys. They have numbers on the bottom so they can teach math later on. Whitney loves when we stack them up for her to tear down. I also love that they are green :)!

3. Jumperoo: This is a life saver. We borrowed it from a friend to try out because I have heard some babies love them and others hate them. Whitney LOVED it. I say loved because now that she is crawling around she is over it. I will still put her in it when I need to go to the bathroom or something. It's a good investment, it's so fun to watch them jump around like crazy.

4. Sippy Cups: Baby Whit loves her water. She could drink water all day long if I let her.  We first started out with the NUK soft nipple ones, like the one pictured and then moved to a hard nipple one. The NUK ones don't leak, and they are easy for her to pick up and tip back. 

5. God Made Me DVD: I know the recommendation is no TV until 2 years old. However, I did read if it's educational and for a very limited time it's okay. All my nieces and nephews as well as Whitney LOVE the God Made Me movies. They teach stories out of the Bible and they seem to keep their attention really well. I will usually put one in when I really need to get something done and nothing else is keeping her still. 

6. Graco Highchair: This was a hand-me-down, and we love it. It does everything a highchair should and it also folds up nicely. It's not too bulky so it's not a huge eye sore when you walk into the dining room. It's been so handy to have around, if I am cooking and she wants to be able to see me I will just put her in it with some toys. Highchairs are wonderful and my advice would be to invest well. Whitney is the fourth baby to use it and it's still in good shape. 

7. Sophie Soother: We got the big Sophie as well as the soother in a pack from Target. The soother has been a favorite for a while, it makes for a wonderful teether. I would recommend getting them in a pack, it's much cheaper.

8. Karen Katz Books: These books make the list again! They will probably always be a favorite of baby Whit's. She just absolutely loves them. I think it will be a tradition to get her one of them for every holiday. She has the flaps down, she knows which ones you pull down and which ones you push up. It's amazing to see how fast little ones catch on to things. 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...