Monday, November 18, 2013

Baby Girl Newborn Pictures {newborn must-have}

While I was pregnant the thought of newborn pictures sounded nice, but I just hadn't really made up my mind. On pinterest there are so many wonderful newborn pictures, which made the decision a little easier. However, I hadn't made up my mind until I read a few blog posts about how they forever regret not getting them. After we got them, I had so many people tell me they wished they would have gotten them done. I'm so, so, so happy we did it. If you have the opportunity to get them, do it. They were well worth the time and effort. Not that I had to do much, but with a brand new baby it's hard to get anything done. Our photographer told us she typically likes to do them within 5 to 10 days old, which is a little overwhelming, but again, well worth it. I think Whitney was 7 days old, but she did wonderful through the entire thing.

If I had to do it over, there are a few things I would have done different. I would have researched newborn photography a lot more. I would have looked at tons and tons and tons of pictures to get an idea of what I really wanted. I would have also got outfits together a month or two in advance, because you never know when that little one is coming. I made the mistake of waiting until the day of the pictures to make a diaper cover with ruffles on the butt...I didn't finish it :(! If I could go back I would have also used her name banner from the nursery in a couple of the pictures. I also loved the idea of taking a picture of them in a chair or some place in the nursery and continuing to take a photo in that same spot as they grow. There is always next time, and I was very pleased with the pictures we did get. The photographer was wonderful, she came to the house, had so many props and such good ideas. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. 





0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...