Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby Must Haves {0-3 Months}

Even though the first three months were a bit of a blur for us, there are some items I remember being absolute life savers. There are so many baby items on the market it makes decision making extra difficult. I found a lot of my favorite items from product collages and blogs. It's nice to know what other mommas really like. Here are our favorite items from the first three months.


1. Aden + Anais Bamboo Swaddles: These are my number one baby item. I can't say it enough, they are AMAZING. They can be used for just about anything (nursing cover, swaddle, car seat cover, etc.). There have been times I have even slept with them. Spend a little extra and get the bamboo ones, they are so unbelievably soft. They are 47" x 47" which is little bigger than the ones from Babies R Us or Target, so you can use them longer. I got ours from albeebaby.com with a 15% off coupon. 

2. Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go: White noise is a must with a brand new baby. I honestly think it helps them sleep better. This sheep is sooo cute! We ended up getting the on the go one because it was cheaper and it does the exact same thing as the bigger one. We took this thing everywhere we went for the first 3-4 months so I am so happy we went with the smaller one. Any sort of white noise is worth the money.

3. Rock & Play: Aww...the glorious rock & play!!! I swear this thing is amazing. Whitney was anything but an easy baby. However, she slept like an angel, and in large part due to the rock & play. It's tilted at an angle so if you are like me and worry about them spitting up, it's perfect. There were so many times I would get her to sleep and within 10 minutes she would be fussing, it was so handy to be able to rock it back and forth with my hand or foot while laying in bed (sometimes I would rock myself to sleep). 

4. Bouncy Chair: Bouncy chairs are a must!! They are very handy when you want to shower, get ready, make the bed, whatever you want to do around the house, bouncy chairs make it possible. They are easy to tote around from room to room and it lets baby see out so they can explore the room with their eyes. I suggest getting a gender neutral one if you plan on having more kids. 

5. Ergobaby: Like I said earlier, Whitney was a bit of a challenge, and the Ergobaby carrier with the infant insert was our saving grace. There were times she would cry for hours on end, but the instant we put her in this she was out. It also helped me get out of the house, I would go for walks or go shopping and she would just sleep away. A nice infant carrier can make life much better in those early months. 

6. California Baby Calming Lotion: I like to think part of the reason she slept so good was this lotion. We started a pretty good routine of putting this on after bath time every night. It's all natural and made with essential oils (which I love). The smell is a little strong and if you don't like lavender it's not for you. The calendula lotion from California Baby smells similar but not near as strong, so that would be a good alternative. I love all their products, I only have wonderful things to say about them.

7. Play Mat: With Whitney being such a crank, there were only a few things that would give me that little 10-15 minute break of fussing during the day, and the play mat was one of them. She 
loved looking and batting at the toys, kicking around and just laying there. There are tons of play mats out there and I honestly think any of them will do the job. From my understanding, some babies like them and some don't, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on trying different ones out if you have a baby that doesn't seem to like it.

8. Pack & Play: This thing was a life saver. It was so handy to have in our living room for the first few months. I loved having a change pad facing me, it made it so much easier to change her. This is another item I would go gender neutral on.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...