Friday, December 6, 2013

Breastfeeding {& all the adventures it accompanies} Part 2

I LOVE product collages. I have gotten so many great ideas from people due to their product collages. I thought it was only fitting that I make my own. Here are the products that have made our breastfeeding journey easier and much more enjoyable.


1. Gilligan & O'Malley Nursing Bra: Honestly this bra does the job for me just fine. I like structure to my bras. The softer ones don't shape my breasts the way I want them to. I am the small chested girl that loves VS Very Sexy bras (lift and structure). These are in no way comparable but they are cheap and they get the job done.

2. Gilligan & O'Malley Nursing Tank: My absolute favorite breastfeeding product!!!! When we are at the house I live in these. I also wear them as an under shirt a lot. They don't have a ton of support so I usually wear my nursing bra under which also helps with easy access. They are well made, thick straps and good material. 

3. Lanolin: This was my savior! Be careful though, it's really greasy. I think just about any brand of lanolin will do the job. I tried the medela brand as well as lansinoh and they both worked great. 

4. Aden + Anais Bamboo Swaddles: These make wonderful nursing covers. I love the bamboo ones, they are so soft and cuddly. The bigger sized ones are better because they cover up more and can be used to swaddle longer. Best purchase ever...even my husband agrees.

5. Lansinoh Nursing Pads: Buy these by the truck load! It's pretty embarrassing to run out of pads right before the repairman comes, while you have a random let down and leak through your shirt...just saying :)! Honestly, they are a lifesaver.

6. Water Bottle: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It's very important to drinks lots and lots of water. Having a nice, cute and fun water bottle by your side helps a lot. I like the skinny ones so they can fit in the cup holder of our stroller. 

7. Burp Cloths: These are so handy to have around. Whitney doesn't spit up very much, if at all, my breasts on the other hand, that's a different story. It seems like something would always happen and I would spray EVERYWHERE. Any sort of towel or burp cloth works just fine. It's just necessary to have something handy.

8. Mother's Milk Tea: Like I said in my earlier post, I never had supply issues, but I did make this tea a part of my morning ritual. It really does help. If you have any sort of supply issues I would definitely suggest it.

9. Medela Pump In Style: I LOVE this pump. I haven't used any other brand, but I am here to tell you, it's worth the money. You will love it!! I got mine off of craigslist...sketchy? haha a little, but the lady I bought it from had never used it, it was still in the box and everything. If you can't afford it, look around, try craigslist (if it's new), maybe borrow one from your sister or something (buy new parts), or check with your insurance. A nice pump can give you that little bit of freedom you have been searching for.

10. Heat Pad: Remember those blocked ducts I talked about in my previous post? Applying heat and massaging it out worked the best for me. I even tried feeding her on all fours above her (gravity)...it was ridiculously weird and it didn't help. The heat also helps with let downs. Hopefully none of you have an issue with blocked ducts, but if you do heat pads are nice to have around. 

Honestly, it doesn't take much to breastfeed your baby. I can survive without all of these things (except water) but they do make the experience easier and a little more enjoyable. Just ask Whitney :)












0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...